EllenHutson.com takes your privacy seriously. By taking active steps to ensure our site is safe and secure by using the latest technology and never renting or selling your personal information to third parties.
If you landed here, it means that you want to learn how we process your personal data at
Ellen Hutson LLC
1145 – 12th Ave NW, Ste C5
Issaquah, WA 98027
and how we protect your privacy. We won’t let you down!
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that to:
- Remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- Monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing you;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- Remember if you put something your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- Control that your data is processed securely.
We call the information mentioned about “essential information” and we collect it using cookies.
Users can visit our site anonymously, but we will need to collect information from you when you register for an account on our site, place an order, sign-up for in-stock product notifications, subscribe to our newsletter or blog, respond to a marketing communication, survey, fill out a form or enter information on our website.
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping, and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communications related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you receive our best service.
Any information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Process transactions,
- Send periodic emails,
- Improve customer service by responding to your service requests and support your needs,
- Personalize your experience, and/or
- Improve our website – based on information and feedback we receive from you we constantly strive to improve our website.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, or where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an affiliate link, on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience and a way to compensate our affiliates for teaching with and sharing our products. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications.
You choose the privacy settings that are right for you. To learn more about how you control the cookies on your computer please go to Google Account Help and learn how to enable or disable cookies on your device.
Some features may be disabled if cookies are disabled including the Sign In, Gift Certificates and Create an Account in the upper menu. Please note that this may affect features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USE AND SHARING
When you place an order with us you may receive the following emails:
- Order confirmation with your order details. This is for your personal records and includes your order number and other important details about your purchase.
- Shipping notification when your order ships. This will include your tracking number and other details about your delivery.
- Frequent shopper emails for the following two months with a discount coupon code to use on future orders.
- Reviews – if you completed a purchase, we may send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with us and other customers.
We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order, send a in-stock notification, etc.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide additional services. For example:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information) and we use accredited companies to process your credit card information.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders, such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Affiliates: We integrate with LeadDyno, an affiliate marketing and social media sharing platform, that tracks purchases for compensation to thank those who share our site with others.
- Product Notification: When a product is out of stock we automate the notification process using InStockNotify. Customers enter their email address in a product listing that is out of stock and InStockNotify monitors the inventory levels automatically sending an email when the item is available for purchase again.
- Newsletters: We partner with Klaviyo when you sign-up to receive email notifications and to provide our Frequent Shopper Coupon Code, new product updates, promotions and surveys.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are 13 years of age or younger, please do not provide any personal information.
YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, future promotional emails or coupon code emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each promotional email. As well, you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on our website.
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU (or any place else for that matter), and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correction, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation, fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data due to government regulations.
Control the information Google uses to show you ads by visiting the Google Ads Setting at the following URL - https://adssettings.google.com/anonymous
We use Google Reviews and Google AdWords Advertising, which can serve advertising based on interests, demographics and location targeting. To learn more visit Google AdWords policies at the following URL - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. These security measures include:
- Password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information and a secured server.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely.
- PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to a credit card processor in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, passwords, etc.) are not stored on our servers.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, shipping or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and are password protected.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
CALIFORNIA'S "DO NOT TRACK" REQUIREMENT
We do not honor "Do Not Track" requests.